The history of our company began in 1921 when, Karl Scheffer-Klute, from the village of Sundern Germany began manufacturing curtain rods. The company was later taken over by his son-in-law, Wilhelm Blome who acquired a bicycle tyre inflator company in the same village in 1932 and began manufacturing metal pumps. The first model was very successful and Wilhelm quickly began mass production at the restored production site in the Hubertushalle, where the SKS Communication Centre »ORANGE WORLD« is located today. The decisive breakthrough came in the 1950’s when the manufacture of bicycle tyre inflators made of plastic was implemented. In 1959, his son, Wilhelm Blome Jr., joined the family business. The stage was set for further growth in 1983 with beginning production of mudguards. By the 1990’s, SKS was delivering original bicycle parts to 90 countries worldwide as the market leader, and even today, SKS is one of the leading manufacturers of quality accessories for the international competitive cycling segment. Willo Blome, fourth generation of the family, and his business partner Michael Beste have made their mark as CEOs of the company.